VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 USB to OBD-II Interface Cable - VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 USB to OBD-II Interface Cable
This VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 USB to OBD-II interface cable is used for reading data from VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and certain other car brands and models. This VAG-COM, VAT-ISO OBD II style cable is an aftermarket tool for
transmission protocols with 16pin OBDII style data link connector that supports VDO SEED-KEY
protected dashboards.This car diagnostics USB to 16PIN OBD-II cable allows you to read/write EEPROM programming,
read PIN codes for new key change and update the millage of your car. Use your computer and this
USB enabled VAG-COM interface cable, and you will be able to instantly modify certain settings
and clear errors in your vehicle. Using your computer, the VAG-COM interface cable, and your favorite diagnostic software you can start troubleshooting your own cars and view results within minutes.This model supports VDO SEED-KEY protected dashboards so you can read the Immobilizer PIN code
of your car without the need to remove the dash panel. The VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 interface cable is
easily connectible to your vehicle through the OBD diagnostics port. There is no doubt that this
simple tool is very cost effective, whether you are a mechanic or just a car owner.Highlights...
- VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 USB to OBD-II Interface Cable
- Supports VDO SEED-KEY protected dashboards
- Cost effective car repair tool for every do-it-yourself mechanic
IMPORTANT NOTE: As the wholesaler, Ankaka provides the package containing the CVFG-A08 VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 USB to OBD-II Interface Cable. We provide no customer support regarding its use. Car diagnostic cables are sold with no warranty. If you have questions regarding the use of this product you need to search internet forums related to car maintenance. We give no advice on how to use the VAG-COM Tacho 2.5 USB to OBD-II Interface Cable, and we sell it without software.
- Primary Function: USB Vag-Com interface cable
- OBDII Plug: J1962 16-Pin Male (to Car)
- USB Port enabled
- Operating Software Compatibility: Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / NT and XP.
- Some Compatible Vehicle Models and Years:
- Audi A4, A6, A8 with separate immobilizer box (1994-1999), reads PIN and reads/writes EEPROM
- Audi A3, A4, A6, TT (1998-2002), reads PIN and corrects mileage
- Audi (nearly all VDO dashboards) pre-2001 Reads/writes EEPROM
- VW Beetle (New) Magneti Marelli M73 (1998-2002), reads PIN & corrects mileage
- VW Beetle (New) Magneti Marelli M73 (2001-2005), reads PINs
- VW, Seat, Skoda (nearly all VDO dashboards) pre-2004 reads/writes EEPROM
- VW, Seat (nearly all MotoMeter dashboards) to 2001 reads/writes EEPROM
- Supports VDO SEED-KEY protected dashboards including the following VW's and Skodas:
- Bora (to 2004)
- Golf 4 (to 2003)
- Jetta (to 2004)
- - Passat B6 (2000-2003)
- Fabia (to 2004)
- Skoda Octavia/Fabia (to 2004)
- Also supports some Seat dashboards up to year 2004
- Dimension: L:125 (CM)
- Wholesale Electronics Ref.: WholesaleD97F00F4FF9D
Notes from Manufacturers
- No power supply needed, just connect to your car and computer
- NOTE: The CVFG-A08 works on vehicles that's are VAG compliant. The best way check if your car is compliant with this type of cable is to check the car user manual, contact your car dealer or talk to your favorite mechanic.
- Model CVFG-A08 USB VAG-COM interface cable
- CD with English User Manual
Notes from Ankaka Customer Service
- Can I use this cable with ScanTool.net for Windows or another software called ___________ that my friend recommended?
Yes, it should work with ScanTool.net for Windows and it may work with other PC diagnostic software, however we do not provide support or recommendations regarding software for this product.
- Do I need to have my car running while performing diagnostics?
Usually just turning your key to ACC will be enough, but for some tests you might need the engine to be running.
- I'm not a professional mechanic, can I still use this cable?
This cable is designed to be user friendly and easy to understand. Do-it-yourself and home fix-it-up type men (and women) should be able to learn how to use this product given you do your research on how to use the product before purchasing it.
- What else can this cable do?
For all the great uses of this cable, you can visit professional auto maintenance forums on the web, or even better, buy a sample and try it yourself!
- Catalog Ref: Taxo 2.5, OBD2 cable, fault code cable, cable for car diagnostics
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 19 October, 2009.