Statistically, well less than 1% of all Ankaka orders have ever been opened by Customs in the customers' destination countries.
Most countries, such as the USA, Australia and South Korea, allow free trade over the internet and will not charge any customs duty for small packages. This is because customs clearance is handled by the courier within the customers’ destination country, and Ankaka’s shipping team is experienced with providing correct shipping documentation and packaging.
However, in case you have special custom declaration for your order, please leave your instruction on the comment box during the checkout process. We will try to help you minimize potential duty. Please note that:
Declaring goods as a "sample"/"gift"makes no difference to the assessment of the value of the goods at Customs in the vast majority of countries worldwide.
Import Taxes for Big Order Issue
We do not add any additional charges or taxes in China.
However, big orders like more than one or two cartons, most customer destination customs apply strict tax/duty assessment. Please discuss with us about what kind of order will be considered as big order that may need to pay duty.
In such case, customers have two choices:
(1) Ankaka take care custom issue on your behalf.
- If you have to pay any tax, usually they are first paid at customs by the courier (e.g. DHL, FedEx, UPS) and then you simply pay back the courier using cash or your credit card, when they deliver the goods to your door.
- (2) Or you can deal with the custom by yourself. You may want to hire a professional Customs Broker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customs_broking) to assist with custom declaration in customer home country.
However, when there is a custom-hold issue
(1)You will notified by Ankaka of the issue. Then you will typically be required to communicate directly with the destination country’s custom, or contact it by your courier agency.
- (2)The goods will be released in most of the cases. But it may be delayed ranging from 1 day to half of a year.
Ankaka will compensate you in the following situations
(1)The items are hold by China customs rather than the destination country's custom.
- (2)The destination country's custom refused entry to the goods because of CE / FCC / Sisvel could not be supplied in time by Ankaka.
- (3)A valid IPR issue. Please note that Ankaka never knowingly sells counterfeit products or anything that infringes intellectual property of any parties.
Ankaka will NOT compensate customers in the following situations
(1)Customers refused to accept applicable charges associated with the import procedure. Such charges may be import tax or fees resulting from custom re-assessment of the goods.
- (2)If the items was hold because of import restrictions that are specific to the destination-country custom, e.g. restricted categories, FDA approval only, quotas, etc.
- (3)If custom ask you to provide information but you fail to provide it in time and that result in customs refused entry to your goods.